Member Development Description
Program Requirements: Chapter members complete attend at least one (1) program focused on member development each semester. Topics include, but are not limited to, professional development, leadership.
Please note: Given the goal of developing your members as individuals, you are particularly encouraged to split up programming based on the needs of your members for this SOE program. For example, if your chapter chooses to focus on professional development, graduating seniors could attend a salary negotiation workshop, sophomores and juniors could attend an internship fair, and first-year students could attend a session on how to construct a resume. Please work with your SFL Liaison if you have further questions.
Ohio State Partnerships
Partner with these Ohio State departments and organizations to register for their pre-approved programs.
- Career Counseling and Support Services Workshops
- Dennis Learning Center Workshops
- These workshops are available by request, open workshops, or through the First-Year Success Series.
- Hands-Only CPR (Provided by OSU EMS)
- If you cannot access the link above, please email email@example.com to schedule a workshop.
- Off-Campus Housing Excellence Program Home Walk-Throughs
- This workshop only counts for each individual who attends the walk-through and learns directly from the OCHEP representatives directly; having an OCHEP representative walk through your house does not mean it automatically accounts for all members of your organization who live there. This means that this opportunity would be difficult to engage all members of a large chapter in, but you may suggest this to members who cannot attend another Housing program.
- OSU Votes Workshops
- The OSU Votes workshop request form allows for many different presentations based on the interests of the chapter. You may choose any combination of topics as long as they add up to at least 45 minutes of content.
- Rape Aggression Defense (R.A.D.) (Provided by OSU Department of Public Safety)
- This workshop also counts for the Health and Safety SOE requirement, but your chapter cannot use it to fulfill both requirements simultaneously. For instance, if you count it for your Safety/Health/Wellness requirement, you cannot also count it for the Member Develepment requirement, or vice versa.
- Student Leadership Advocate Presentations
- When filling out this form, please make sure to check "yes" for the question, "Are you interested in receiving a consultation for a workshop or retreat facilitation?"
- Student Life Wellness Center Presentations
- Some of these workshops (Alcohol/Tobacco/Drug Prevention, Sexual Health and Relationship Education/Violence Prevention) may also count towards Health and Safety SOE programs, but you may not count a program for both of your requirements. We encourage you to focus on other aspects of wellness for Member Development.