Order of Omega
Honoring Greek Leaders at Ohio State Since 1986
What is Order of Omega?
Founded in 1959 at the University of Miami (FL), Order of Omega is the premier honor organization for Fraternity/Sorority leaders. Order of Omega’s goal is to recognize undergraduate fraternity and sorority leaders at our collegiate chapters in the United States and Canada. Undergraduate students, who belong to a recognized fraternity/sorority and who exemplify high standards in the areas of scholarship, leadership, and involvement within their respective organization and within the fraternity/sorority community, are selected for membership by the local collegiate chapter
Purpose of Order of Omega
- To recognize those students who have attained a high standard of leadership in inter-Greek activities, to encourage them to continue along this line, and to inspire others to strive for similar conspicuous attainment.
- To bring together the most representative fraternity and sorority members, and to create an organization which will help to mold the sentiment of the institution on questions of local and intercollegiate affairs.
- To bring together members of the faculty, alumni, and student members of the institution’s fraternities and sororities on a basis of mutual interest, understanding, and cooperation
- All initiated members are asked to attend monthly or bi-weekly meetings
- Pay a one-time membership Fee of $95
To be eligible for membership in Order of Omega, a student shall meet the following minimum requirements:
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior (undergraduate) standing.
- Be in good standing with your SFL organization.
September 18th, 2023 Deadline Extended to September 20th, 2023
Initation: October 5th, 2023, Time:TBA
If you cannot attend the initation, that will not impact your membership eligibility. You will receive your certificate and pin at a later date!