Standards of Excellence
Missed the final SOE Roundtable? Check out the recording here.
Missed the first SOE Roundtable? Check out the recording here.
Report SOE Program Attendance Here go.osu.edu/SOEReport
Standards of Excellence folders can be accessed through One Drive accounts. Chapter Presidents should have access to their chapter folders and can share with relevant officers. If you do not have access, please reach out to your chapter liaison.
The Standards of Excellence, along with its goals, were developed by the Greek Life Task Force who, in 1998, was asked by the Office of Student Life to assess and recommend improvements for Ohio State’s Greek Community. The Greek Life Task Force set the Standards of Excellence, which went into effect March 9, 2001, as a plan to improve the condition of the Greek community. Since inception, chapters are required to establish a Chapter Plan and each year must provide written reports detailing their progress in a Chapter Annual Report.
In effort to improve the quality of life for students within the Greek community, the Standards of Excellence strives to achieve the following goals:
- Strive to achieve an academic standard, with a minimum GPA of 2.50, for all chapters and new members and to make, on a chapter basis, the all-undergraduate average.
- Continue in member and organizational growth, including diversity education, risk management education and community service opportunities.
- Provide safe and healthy organization environments through structural improvement in chapter facilities and improved risk management procedures.
- Maintain a strong and connected Greek community.
- Recruit a wide variety of advisors from the university and community, ensuring they have completed the Advisor Certification Program.
- Continue improving the relationship between the university and the Greek community.
If any of these goals are not met, the chapter may be called before the Greek Progress Review Board.
Please contact Alyssa Ciango, Graduate Administrative Associate for Sorority and Fraternity Life, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments regarding the Standards of Excellence.
All SOE plans should be submitted through your chapter's One Drive folder.
SOE Program Attendance can be submitted here go.osu.edu/SOEReport
Standards of Excellence Annual Checklist
Spring 2021 Semester Deadlines
- Friday, January 8: Roster and Officer updates online
- Friday, January 22: Intake Paperwork (NPHC and MCGC only)
- Monday, February 1: Semester Plans
- Saturday, May 1: Semester Reports
- Prior to extending a bid: Online New Member grade checks for eligibility
- Within 10 days of New Members accepting a bid: Online New Member Registrations
- Prior to starting your New Member process/education program: Online Calendars submitted to SFL Liaison and approved