How To Become Second Year Approved
Second Year Approval is an annual registration process. Chapters will need to indicate that they are interested in being second year approved for the following academic year in December.
Steps for approval:
- Indicate desire to be approved by completing the interest form.
- Submit required documentation, typically due in February
- Rooming license
- Fire inspection
- Kitchen license (only if using commercial kitchen)
- Hood inspection (only if using commercial kitchen)
- Boiler inspection (only applicable if there is a boiler)
- Backflow inspection (this is part of the sprinkler system, if the house doesn’t have a sprinkler system you don’t need this)
- Schedule annual walk through, typically held in February